Additional Craft Information:
Iron on patterns refer to motifs that can be added to garments with iron, of which, transfers, fabrics and appliques are three common types usually applied to transfer motifs to T-shirt or other fabric to satisfy people's dream to own something only for themselves.
DIY Craft Essential #1: Washi tape
DIY Craft Essential #2: Needle nose pliers
Things you need
- Type specifications
- Design specifications
- Dimension specifications
DIY Craft Essential #3: X-acto knife
DIY Craft Essential #4: Spray paint
- Decide which type of iron on patterns (hereinafter referred to as patterns) you require. Iron-on transfers imprint the images on paper as one side of the iron on is paper and the other is the image that will be transferred in reverse onto the fabric with the application of a heat press, rather than a home iron. Iron-on fabrics are commonly used in patching clothes and have glue backings that melt onto fabric when ironed with a standard iron. Iron-on appliques are decorative embroidery designs that melt onto clothing when applied with the heat of a standard iron.
- Select the design. Iron on patterns are offered in a variety of designs and styles from adult designs to children ones, such as orchids, roses, animals and toys.
- Make sure that you have known the dimension specifications, for some patterns come only in certain sizes, so make sure you select designs that will fit your T-shirt correctly and are not too small or too large for your plans.
- Choose several corresponding patterns to create a distinct design. You can mix and match several patterns to replicate a theme on your T-shirt. For instance, you may purchase the patterns of a basketball and cheerleader to create a cheer for basketball scene on your T-shirt or a crown and a pretty girl to make a picture of gorgeous princess.
- Purchase patterns at craft stores and popular retail stores alike, both online and in stores. Stores such as Hobby Lobby, Michaels and even Wal-Mart carry an abundance of patterns of all types. Iron-on transfers may be the most difficult to locate in stores and the most beneficial to purchase online.
Rhinestone transfer patterns are the most shinny decorations for your garments, which have diversities of designs to meet different people's need for being pretty and special, add some interest to plain shirt or trousers, even your coat, bag and hat. There are so many patterns of different sizes available, such as sports crystal iron on design, iron on diamante crown motifs and so on. Select what you like, and then start to DIY.