Additional Craft Information:
The products are exported and some of the intricate work fetches great prices in the International markets as well.Each of the items from here speaks as though, about the thousands of years of Indian history. The traditions, customs, as well as heritage of this state provides India world across recognition, for being a hub of culture and art.
DIY Craft Essential #1: Washi tape
DIY Craft Essential #2: Needle nose pliers
Marble handicrafts from Jaipur have a wide variety. Some are mere show pieces while others utilitarian, such as pen stands and clocks. They are of primarily the following types:
DIY Craft Essential #3: X-acto knife
DIY Craft Essential #4: Spray paint
- There are many types of gift items which are made especially for corporates. These gifts are customized or personalised to suit the specific occasion or objective of the customer's needs. They help strengthen relationships conveying a special message during occasions like Diwali and new-year. They can be for instance a marble vase, and even a marble painting.
- Marble handicrafts can also include well-crafted clocks, packing boxes or even jewellery boxes which are adorned as well as table clocks. Marble clocks which are made as decorative pieces are also popular. There are also options of getting framed clocks or those which come in a pillar design made from essentially marble.
- Marble handicrafts have come of age in recent times. One can get mobile table stands made from good quality marble adorned with beautiful pictures depicting Indian culture. While it may simply have a picture some have a floral design which enhances the look further. Lady designed tea coasters have also become quite the tasteful gift item choice.
- Ganesh statues on “chowkis” or a base made out of marble are also quite popular. The chowki is usually hand painted with eclectic designs and this statue is a gift item for all occasions. There is another option where the statue is atop a lotus designed marble plate. The bases come in various designs with different kinds of designs and embellishments. One may even opt for a little “diya” beside the statue on the plate base. There are options where the stand on which the statue is placed, is capable of revolving. Similar statues with Bal Gopal or Krishna are also there.
- Marble paintings are famous from this part of the country and they make any room light up. It not only adds a touch of class but also depicts a part of the culture which Rajasthan is known for world wide. Marble handicraft manufacturers in Jaipur ensure that the quality of marble used is of “A” grade, one which can withstand travel and export conditions. They, however, need extremely careful handling due to the delicate nature of marble. Marble paintings from the region depict primarily animal, god or religious motifs. Animal motifs are mostly dominated by camel and elephant paintings.
- Marble chess sets, fruit bowls as well as puja plates are also very popular. Tourists also opt for slightly expensive yet classy items such as the “Surahi”. These items come in good packages and can be travelled with easily.
- There are many other types of handicrafts such as an ethnic mirror, which have a very old school yet chic look. Marble items which have “Meena” work done are also popular. This kind of artistry is indigenous to the region and is famous for its vibrant depiction of the Rajasthani tradition and culture. Marble “chopra” items depicting either Lord Ganesh, the Hindu god of success or even a peacock are quite the rage.
- Marble incense stick holders depicting gods and animals are also popular purchases. Marble lanterns or aroma lamps with beautiful carvings and markings can also be veritable purchases for a home. They are not very expensive but still extremely classy.
- Marble pots made from “Makarana” showing beautiful designs. Many of these pots lovely paintings as well as are embellished with stones. Marble “matki” pots of various designs are also available as options.